'One day' car #2 - Vauxhall VX220


The Vauxhall VX220, an underrated gem. I really love this car. Whats not to like? it takes the best part of a Lotus Elise, the chassis, chucks away the dodgy old Rover K-series engine and replaces it with a more powerful, more reliable and more efficient GM 4 cylinder. The styling was a million miles away from the curvacious elise - all sharp edges, geometric shapes and straight lines. I loved it when I first saw it.

Mine will be a VX220 Turbo in black, and I mean black. Gloss black paint. All the chrome and silver bits resprayed matt black. The wheels replaced with gloss black 5 lightweight racing wheels. Lowered suspension is essential as the standard car sits a smidge too high.  The optional hard top will fitted at all times - I want a low slung stealth coupe. Except on really sunny days, then I might take the roof off.



One day not long ago in London, I was explaining to my very patient girlfriend how awesome my particular VX would be when Lo and Behold! a black on black VX220 drove past us in EXACTLY the spec I would have mine in. Forget all the Bentleys, Astons etc we saw that day, it was the coolest car of the day hands down.

She wasnt that impressed. Women.


'One day' car #1 - Reliant Scimitar


2 comments:

  1. Glad you like my car (the black one ) ;)
    Cheers J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off up North on Monday to pick this up:

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-VX220-TURBO-VXR-MODIFICATION-280-BHP-/170900455350?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27ca75ffb6

    ReplyDelete

be kind...